Help me Hitch, your Celebrant
Let's start with the formal introduction shall we? I'm Renee Campbell a fancy dancy (ok I couldn't keep the formal thing going for too long) Civil Marriage Celebrant helping YOU do the wedding thing! I have been working in the wedding industry for over 10 years and still pinch myself everyday (don't worry the bruises fade) that THIS is my job! How lucky am I getting to do what I love?
Enough about me, onto you...
I guess you might be wondering what we actually do and how it all falls into place? Let me tell you, it's a lot of background work and planning which looks a little something like this...
- You'll hear about me somehow out there in the big wide world and you find yourself on this page, searching for answers to see if I am the one. You find the price no problem, you find a bit about me easily, but now you want to know the ins and outs of how this all works.
- Let's jump on a phone call to see if we click and you can ask as many questions as you like apart from my password to internet banking. We need to check your date is available first and then arrange our first meeting.
- In the meantime I send out an email with some important documentation such as a couples questionnaire, my service agreement, a wedding information form and some useful links.
- Our first meeting is basically like a blind date but I am the third wheel!!! It is here where we discuss all of the legal bits and pieces of your ceremony. We can complete the Notice of Intended Marriage form also known as the NOIM and I will also need to sight some personal identification such as Drivers Licence, Passport etc. Ps you can complete the NOIM later, however it needs to be lodged by me at least ONE MONTH prior to your wedding, this is super important.
- From here, I channel my inner Nicolas Sparks (writer of The Note Book, Message in a Bottle, The Best of Me, The Choice etc.) mixed with the song writing skills of Keith Urban with a twist of comedy from Bridesmaids and start creating your personalised ceremony script.
- This is just a draft, so please, I encourage you to make as many changes as you want until it feels like it hits you right in the heart. But don't worry, I will keep us on track with timings and important dates.
- It's here, your wedding day! It goes without saying that I will be there to deliver your ceremony, looking the part all profesh and making myself feel right at home with your friends and family.
- Once you are married, after the ceremony, I will send all the paperwork through to the BDM Registry. It is here that I will send you an email with information on how to apply for an Offical Certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages. You will need this to legally change your name if you are wanting to do that. The Commemorative Marriage Certificate you get on the day unfortunately can't be used to change your name, it just looks pretty!
Anyhoo, I hope this has helped answer some of your questions and you can get a feel for my personality already. Jump on over to the contact us page and fill in your details so I can be in contact.
Much love Renee x